2016-03-05

The Triceratops

As a young boy, I did not speak much, but I did draw a lot. Over the years I have made many drawings. A notable drawing is the dinosaur wall drawing, which was the start of a bigger project of decorating my whole room in a jungle theme. Although the wallpaper surface was very rough and not that strong, I succeeded in drawing the head of a triceratops before running out of oil pastels.
I never finished the wall drawing. As a consequence, I did not finish the jungle theming of my room either. The drawing did not change until I moved out of my parent's house and my father decided to repaint the room. He attempted to remove the wallpaper without damaging the drawing. Unfortunately, both the wallpaper and the layers of paint on it were dried out and the drawing was heavily damaged.
Nonetheless, I decided to restore and finish the drawing. First I made a supporting frame and cardboard base layer to glue the wallpaper to. Then I added several coatings to fixate the remainder of the drawing. Once that dried, I bought new oil pastels and started working on the restoration process. A week later I had finished the drawing and added another coating.
Now it is hanging from the wall in my new bedroom. It still needs a nice frame, but I am quite pleased with the result. I finally finished the drawing :D